Sunday, July 27, 2014

Weekly meal prep

Ok so I am always posting my meal prep on Instagram and Facebook  and people always ask what exactly I make and how it is prepared... I am hoping this post can answer all of that and more! I personally only prep 3-4 days at a time as I feel the food does not last much longer than that...

I try and prep breakfast for myself and lunches and snacks for both the hubby and myself .

Breakfast : this week I made a vegetable and cheddar frittata that makes 4 servings. I eat this with a side of salsa and a banana.  Each container is one serving and is 3 PTS, salsa and banana are both 0 PTS.

Vegetable and cheddar frittata
Ingredients:
1 zucchini chopped
1 yellow bell pepper chopped 
1 red bell pepper chopped 
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
1 cup chopped spinach
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4 large eggs
2 large egg whites 

Directions:
Set the oven to 395'. First I sauté all of the vegetables using the spray olive oil in a 12 inch skillet that is oven safe. As that's cooking I whisk my eggs, egg whites salt and pepper together. As soon as vegetables are done I pour my egg mixture into the skillet over medium heat and let it set for about 5 minutes. Once it's set I sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top and put the skillet in the oven for another 5 minutes. And tada all done!! 



Lunch: I normally always default to baked chicken, brown rice, and some sort of vegetables. I also pack it with a side container of ketchup or bbq sauce. Each container is 6pts.

Baked chicken, brown rice, and veg
Ingredients:
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts 5oz each
Emril chicken seasoning
Lawrys seasoned pepper
Lawrys seasoned salt
Paprika
Olive oil sprayer

Directions
Preheat oven to 380' 
Lay out all chicken breasts. Spray with olive oil. Season as desired and pop in oven using a Meat thermometer. I cook until chicken reaches internal temp of 155' as the minute or two of microwaving when reheating for lunch will fully cook while keeping the chicken juicy.


As far as brown rice and vegetables go, I cheat. I just microwave frozen veggies and the rice cups and then season to taste and portion out into lunch containers. 


Lastly for snacks I just make sure to have fruits on hand and cleaned and portioned ready to eat. This includes those little cuties oranges, baggies of grapes, bananas, apples, and side salads. I also always have a 2-3 PTS sweet snack packed whether it be a fiber one brownie (2pts) or a snack pack pudding cup (3pts). 

That is what makes up my weekly meal prep! 

Any questions feel free to comment below and I'll do my best to answer!!

Thanks!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment